Not-for-profit organizations must be efficient to be successful. Shrinking governmental budgets and donation or foundational support requires it. Additionally, sophisticated donors demand to see a significant “return on their investment.” That “return on their investment” means that the organization must achieve its goals in ways that are economically efficient.
Because we have represented not-for-profit entities for many years, we understand the need for efficient use of funding dollars. The legal issues facing not-for-profits can be specialized and complex. Because we have been representing not-for-profit entities for years, we understand these legal issues and offer solutions to solve them in a practical, prompt and cost-efficient manner.
Staub Anderson has the experience and is well-equipped to provide a broad range of legal services to its not-for-profit clients. Examples of services we regularly provide to our not-for-profit clients include:
- Applications and maintenance of income tax-exempt status for the organizations (501(c)(3)status, for example) and real estate tax-exempt status for the properties they own.
- Governance issues, e.g., bylaw review, and procedure guidance.
- Mergers and acquisitions of not-for-profit entities.
- Acquisition and sale of real estate, including assisting with real estate development projects.
- Leases of office space.
- Employment issues.
- A full range of litigation services, including defending charges of discrimination before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Illinois Department of Human Rights and Human Rights Commission.
- Providing expertise on charitable giving techniques.
- Personnel policy manual review and drafting.
- General business counseling, including contract review and drafting.
For more information on how Staub Anderson can effectively serve your non-profit organization’s legal needs, call Eric Anderson at 312-345-0545.