Staub Anderson helps clients achieve their business and financial objectives through careful tax planning. From the initial choice of entity for clients organizing a new business, through the planning for the final disposition of the business, we advise clients on the best choices for minimizing taxation and maximizing financial return.
We thoroughly understand the advantages and disadvantages of the wide range of business entities available today. We help our clients sift through the choices of corporations, S corporations, limited liability companies, general partnerships, and limited partnerships and other forms of business to choose the one entity that best suits the client's needs. We also advise clients on the benefits and the qualification for treatment as limited liability companies, S corporations and partnerships.
We also assist clients in planning, negotiating, and implementing strategies for the sale, acquisition, or reorganization of business enterprises and real estate transactions. These activities include:
- Structuring business acquisitions, dispositions, mergers and share exchanges
- Designing tax-deferred and multiple-party exchange agreements for real estate transactions
- Planning tax-free transactions, including triangular mergers, reorganizations, and multiple-step acquisitions
- Devising divestiture strategies, including stock transfers and tax-free spin-offs
- Evaluating tax strategies, including net operating and capital loss carryforwards
- Rendering tax opinions
We provide advice on many other tax-related matters such as liquidations, stock redemptions, joint ventures, and recapitalizations. Our lawyers advise clients on tax issues related to executive compensation including the issuance of warrants, options, and restricted stock and the establishment of deferred compensation plans.
In addition, we regularly advise privately held business owners on matters relating to the tax-efficient ownership and operation of their business enterprise. We also frequently assist our clients in the tax aspects of their succession planning.
For more information on tax planning services of Staub Anderson, please call David Staub at (312) 345-0545.